[antlr-interest] problem with composing grammars

Jean-Claude Durand jean-claude.durand at imag.fr
Tue Jul 22 02:26:14 PDT 2008

   I try to compose grammars via the import instruction. The example
'composite-java' works well, but mine
not: 'lexer' files are not generated.
   I use the Version 3.1b2 of ANTLR with the C target option.
   Here is a very simplified example from my grammars:

// file TRACOMPL.g:
grammar TRACOMPL;
options {language=C; }
import Dv, Dproc, Lex;

tracompl:
	dv
	dproc
	;

// file Lex.g
lexer grammar Lex;
DECVAR:	'-DECVAR-'	;
DPROC:		'-DPROC-'	;

LITTERAL:	('a'..'z' | 'A'..'Z' | '0'..'9')+	;
POINT:	'.'	;

// file Dv.g:
parser grammar Dv;

dv	:
	DECVAR
	LITTERAL
	POINT
	;

// and file Dproc.g:
parser grammar Dproc;

dproc:
	PROC
	dprocet
	;

dprocet:
	(
		LITTERAL POINT
	)*
	;

"java org.antlr.Tool TRACOMPL.g" only generates the .h and .c files
TRACOMPLParser, TRACOMPL_Dv
and TRACOMPL_Dproc.
By calling directly the same command on Lex.g, it is possible to get
the Lex.h
and Lex.c files (I added the 'language=C' in the Lex.g file). I
should not have to do it.

I don't know how to get the 'TRACOMPLLexer'
.h and .c files (the equivalent of 'JavaLexer' in the composite-java
example).

The example:

Another question I submitted a long time ago: it is always impossible to
use 'à' ( a accent grave) even in comments of .g files, and in french
we need it ! ;-)

Thanks a lot,

Jean-Claude Durand

LIG, équipe GETALP