[antlr-interest] problem compiling with ANTLR3 C RunTime API!!

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Thu Jul 31 13:41:53 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 14:02 -0400, mark twain wrote:
> Hi Every1,
>
> I am new bie to the ANTLR tool and using SimpleCalc Example, I
> successfully generated the C source files for Lexer and Parser
> <SimpleCalcLexer.c, SimpleCalcParser.c> using java executablel
> antlrworks-1.1.7.jar.  Next, I downloaded the ANTLR3 C RunTime API
> source code<libantlr3c-3.0.0-rc8.tar.gz> and build the code .

Where did you even get that tar from? ;-)

You need to be using a current release of the C runtime and not an
ancient release candidate. Visit the downloads page from the main antlr
home page, and download 3.1beta2 source. You will find the correct
tar.gz file there. Generate the C code using the jar files in that
download and not suing the ANTLRWorks jar.

Read the API docs (see the link on the main ANTLR page), before getting
started.

Jim