[antlr-interest] Fixed! 3.1b1 trouble with a CSharp2/AST example

Link, Hamilton helink at sandia.gov
Wed Jun 4 09:49:34 PDT 2008

Rebuilding the runtime seems to have resolved the problem I was having (that is, with AST generation throwing an error on the polynomial example from the web site).  So, I can only guess that the .net runtime assemblies distributed with 3.1b1 were slightly stale.

To get Antlr 3.1b1 building under Visual Studio Pro 2008,

- you need to add UnwantedTokenException.cs and MissingTokenException.cs to

the "Antlr.Runtime" directory of the Antlr3.Runtime project (they are in

the associated directory)

- you need to add CommonErrorNode.cs to the "Antlr.Runtime.Tree" directory

in the same project.

It should then build fine with no further modifications. Building under VS

will produce .dll and .pdb files in

antlr-3.1b1\runtime\CSharp\Sources\Antlr3.Runtime\obj\Debug

and similar directories for the other libraries.  Using these instead of the 3.1b1-distributed assemblies fixed the errors I was getting.

thanks,

hamilton