[antlr-interest] normalize \n to \n in ST

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Wed Jun 4 12:51:33 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am proposing to normalize the use of \n in templates. If you say \n
you get \n or \r\n depending on locale.  Actually, maybe we should
make it a parameter you send to the template group? You might have a
Web server that should be sensitive to the client locale not the
server locale, right?

When you say wrap="\n" it would actually generate \r\n on a PC.

When you have a UNIX file with \n line endings, you would still get \r
\n on a PC.

The problem is that I really should fix this inside ST, but I need to
send out ANTLR v3.1 shortly. given all of the recent bug fixes, should
I add this to ST and then release ST 3.2 for use with ANTLR 3.1?

Ter