[antlr-interest] String Template Questions

David Beckedorff david.beckedorff at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 13:20:59 PDT 2008

Q1.

I have a template hierarchy going, so

       group   WebAppSiLayer : FeatureBase ;

Now in my Java program, I have:

    StringTemplateGroup featureBaseSTG =
StringTemplateGroup.loadGroup("FeatureBase");

    featureBaseSTG.registerRenderer(Object.class, new StFormatRenderer());

    …

    StringTemplateGroup siLayerSTG =
StringTemplateGroup.loadGroup("WebAppSiLayer", featureBaseSTG);

    siLayerSTG.registerRenderer(Object.class, new StFormatRenderer());

So the question is whether the second registration of my StFormatRenderer
class (implements AttributeRenderer) is actually necessary, since it has
already been registered with the super-template?

Q2.

In ANTLR's Java.stg file, there are, I guess, template interpolations like
<@imports>, <@end>, <@members>, <@preamble>, etc.  What's the purpose of the
'@' characters? What's going on here?

Thanks,

David