[antlr-interest] Python - rookie questions

Sandra Turner slt60 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 15 09:27:02 PDT 2008

I'm trying to create a Python lexer and parser on an Ubuntu 8.04
system.  I've downloaded ANTLR 3.1b1, gone into the
antlr-3.1b1/runtime/Python directory and typed "python setup.py
install" per http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/Python+runtime
.  How do I run antlr?  I looked at the following, but when I do a
locate "org.antlr.Tools", nothing shows up
http://www.antlr.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=729.

I've also downloaded ANTLRWorks Version 1.1.7 an untarred the file.  What do I do to display the GUI?

I've
also download ANTLRWorks Version 1.1.7 on a Windows XP system and run
the SimpleCalc example from
http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/Five+minute+introduction+to+ANTLR+3.

I was able to select Generate->Generate Code, but when I selected
Debugger->Debug, I got the error "Error while generating the
grammar: (10): internal error: no such group file Dbg.stg."  Any
advice?  Thanks.