[antlr-interest] Syntactic predicates elude me

Artemus Ward coddbotherer at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 29 08:39:56 PDT 2008

2008/6/29 Raphael Reitzig <raphael at frhk.de>:
> For backtracking is done through implicitly placed predicates for all
> rules, no.
>
> However, I found the debug mode to be satisfying. It is not as responsive
> as the interpreteter, for you have to generate and compile code, but it can
> show you the produced AST as well as the parse tree.

Many, many thanks Raphael!  Since you put me straight on this I have
accomplished more in the last two hours than the last two weeks!  All
my code has suddenly started working as I'd hoped.

I think I like ANTLRWorks well enough when it works to forgive this
incident, but really, the interpreter seems more of a booby-trap than
a feature just now. It should pop up a warning when you try to use it.

Art