[antlr-interest] Bug or badly written error case

Gavin Lambert antlr at mirality.co.nz
Tue Mar 4 02:04:52 PST 2008

At 13:01 4/03/2008, Benjamin Shropshire wrote:
 >I understand that there is an error in my code (and am not
asking
 >for help in fixing it as I already have), the issue I want to
 >bring up is that the symptoms that my error caused are of no
help
 >what so ever in finding my error.  For the info that antlr gives

 >to be useful, the user would need a understanding of the
internals
 >of antle. I think this is a problem and should be addressed.

It is a known issue that error reporting in ANTLR itself (ie.
problems in the grammar, not in the generated code) is suboptimal,
and even entirely useless at times.

This has been previously stated as being due to ANTLR still using
v2 internally, so it's supposed to get better once it's been
ported to v3.