[antlr-interest] A postmortem of my use of antler

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 20:50:32 PDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Terence Parr <parrt at cs.usfca.edu> wrote:

>  On Mar 10, 2008, at 1:29 PM, Benjamin Shropshire wrote:
>
> > I don't want to be a troll so plese understand I'm trying to be
>  > helpful with these comments, not antagonistic.
>  >
>  > The concept of ANTLR is a really good idea.
>  >
>  > The execution is fairly good (It could be better in a few places but
>  > it's not worth complaining about.
>  >
>  > The documentation is abysmal.
>
>  Because I wrote the book.  Software is free, but my best doc is $24 on
>  amazon or can buy PDF at pragprog.

I just gave a presentation on ANTLR last weekend. My slides and
example code is available at http://www.ociweb.com/mark. Click the
"ANTLR 3" link. My slides are no replacement for Ter's excellent book,
but I'd like to think they are pretty good and would really help
someone get the hang of using ANTLR quickly. Any feedback on them is
appreciated. I'll continue to update them as needed.

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.