[antlr-interest] A postmortem of my use of antler

Gavin Lambert antlr at mirality.co.nz
Wed Mar 12 12:18:06 PDT 2008

At 08:06 13/03/2008, siemsen at ucar.edu wrote:
 >A little voice in my head is saying "Huh?  Another source file
 >maintain?  And it has to be kept in sync with the parser
grammar?".

Actually, you can output an AST without adding a tree parser to
your project, so you don't necessarily have to add a source
file.  Just depends on whether you want to do the tree parsing
directly in your driver code or in another grammar file.  (Each
approach has its own advantages and disadvantages; just depends on
what you're doing with it.)