[antlr-interest] LPG WAS Retaining comments

Andy Tripp antlr at jazillian.com
Thu Mar 13 08:31:06 PDT 2008

Jim Idle wrote:
> [snip snide remarks about parse trees and ASTs]
> ...Good Grief
Yea, I probably need to take an anger management class.

I'm pretty sure it was the lack of an answer to "what good is a flat
AST?" that set me off.
So much so that I've lowered my estimate of its usefulness from 1% down
to 0%.

The "Trust me, I translate from one non-trivial language to another
without needing an AST,
but I wont give any details at all" thread from someone else is really
bugging me, too.

*whooosh* *whooosh*...deep breaths...*whoosh*

Andy :)