[antlr-interest] C++ compile issue with ANTLR 3.1.0b1 C runtime files

Chris Snyder snyder at t-vec.com
Thu Mar 13 10:12:37 PDT 2008

I'm trying to compile my C output in CPP and I get this error

libantlr3c-3.1.0b1\include\antlr3debugeventlistener.h(42) : error C2146:
syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'socket'

which corresponds to this:

antlr3debugeventlistener.h

/// The socket structure we receive after a successful accept on the
serverSocket

///

SOCKET                        socket;

I looked for the SOCKET definition and didn't find one being used in my
configuration. I did find a UNIX definition in antlr3defs.h:

// SOCKET not defined on Unix

//

typedef     int                     SOCKET;

but it is not even reached because preprocessor ANTLR3_WINDOWS is defined

Should I be including a windows socket header?

I'm in windows XP using VS2005 and VC++ 2005.

Thanks,

Chris

T-VEC Technologies, Inc.