[antlr-interest] Remote debugging with C# in ANTLRWorks

Micheal J open.zone at virgin.net
Thu Mar 27 09:43:00 PDT 2008

  _____

From: Terence Parr [mailto:parrt at cs.usfca.edu]
Sent: 27 March 2008 16:10
To: Micheal J
Cc: antlr-interest at antlr.org
Subject: Re: [antlr-interest] Remote debugging with C# in ANTLRWorks

On Mar 27, 2008, at 5:04 AM, Micheal J wrote:

An update.

You need just ANTLRWorks v1.1.7. It was released in January and *should*
contain the latest (at the time of release) v3.0.x codegen and templates for
all the supported targets.

Note that, to support grammar imports, we've tweaked the protocol slightly
for v3.1. ANTLRWorks 1.2 will require tweaks to runtime...well, it actually
still works, but results are bit funny ;)

Ter

Hi,

This doesn't affect the original poster anyhow as he specifically mentioned
using ANTLR v3.0.x. Someone in the thread - Thomas Karcher - managed to get
remote debugging to work with ANTRWorks v1.2b1 using the v3.1 beta C#
runtime sources(??). Not sure what to make of that since Johannes also
stated that C# is now broken for v3.1.

The v3.1 beta C# stuff we checked-in last year already had the v3.1 debug
protocol changes reflected in the templates/runtime but, a quick scan of the
commit logs reveals that you guys carried on messing with the debug bits up
until about a month ago. Johannes et al will sync those changes in due
course I guess...

Micheal