[antlr-interest] gunit with custom AST nodes throws InvocationTargetException

Felix Dorner felix_do at web.de
Fri Mar 28 06:03:08 PDT 2008

Ok,

lot of things to learn. The gUnit creates a Parser instance and
obviously does not set its TreeAdaptor to my ASTAdaptor, therefore the
Parser creates CommonTree nodes. Then, some questions arise:

As I learned from the Book, I set the parser's TreeAdaptor from
_outside_ the parser. I don't see a simple way to implicitly set the
Adaptor from _within_ the parser, when using the default constructor
(which gUnit does). Is there a reason why there's nothing like, e.g. a
parser option "Adapter" or so?

So either gUnit would provide an option to set the desired Adaptor, or I
find a way to implicitly set the Adaptor from within the grammar.

Thanks for your comments,
Felix