[antlr-interest] Debugging grammar throught VS C#.NET

Mayur M m_mayur at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 22:17:52 PDT 2008

Hi,

The steps in

http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/Integration+with+development+environments

seems to be a bit not clear. When i try to include

<ItemGroup>
<Antlr3 Include="MIF_LP.g"> ....... in the *.csproj there is a warning.

"The element 'ItemGroup' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003' has invalid child element 'Antlr3' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003'."Can any one let me know the process of debugging a grammar in the ANTLRworks or debugging thro' VS 2005.

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:14:13 -0700From: jimi at temporal-wave.comTo: antlr-interest at antlr.orgSubject: Re: [antlr-interest] Debugging grammar throught VS C#.NET

I have a ruleset for VS2005 for the C target, but C# projects do not use these.
For info on C# project config (and other IDEs/configurations such as .rules files for C/C++ projects) see:

http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/Integration+with+development+environments

Jim

From: antlr-interest-bounces at antlr.org [mailto:antlr-interest-bounces at antlr.org] On Behalf Of Mayur MSent: Monday, March 31, 2008 9:38 AMTo: Johannes LuberCc: antlr-interest at antlr.orgSubject: Re: [antlr-interest] Debugging grammar throught VS C#.NET

 Hi, Thanks for the reply,I would like to know about the VS plugin and Is there certain steps or procedures that need to be followed to link the plugin ? I'm looking for the Debug option facilities available in ANTLRworks as well as control the generated code like ANTLRworks does via remote debugging?I tried with both the options without any success.Regards,Mayur M

> Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:30:59 +0200> From: jaluber at gmx.de> To: m_mayur at hotmail.com> CC: antlr-interest at antlr.org> Subject: Re: [antlr-interest] Debugging grammar throught VS C#.NET> > Mayur M schrieb:> > Hi,> > > > > > Can ANTLR be used as a plugin and be debugged from VS C#.NET?> > I know that there is at least one Eclipse plugin for ANTLR - or was it > for ANTLRworks? Never used it myself. At least I believe an VS plugin is > possible.> > > Any help on procedure for debugging the Grammar?> > What do you mean with that exactly? Do you want to use ANTLRworks > facilities? Or simply stepping through the generated code files? Or do > you want to control the generated code like ANTLRworks does via remote > debugging? In the last case you should look at the C# or Java source for > debugging help, as there is the other half you have to interface with. > Although looking the ANTLRworks source code could be helpful, too. BTW, > the C# target is currently broken, although I am in the process of > fixing it. You may want to wait a few weeks as 3.1 introduces a slightly > changed debugging protocol.> > Johannes

Exclusive Marriage Proposals! Find UR life partner at Shaadi.com Try it!