[antlr-interest] Composite Grammar problem/CoomonToken suggestion

Johannes Luber JALuber at gmx.de
Thu May 15 15:42:09 PDT 2008

Hi!

Thinking about the "first comes first"-rule precendence in inheriting the grammars, I came up with a case that doesn't seem to be supported. If grammar A defines the rules r and s, as does grammar B, then the rules in B are ignored. What if you want only the rule s in B instead of s in A taking precedence? Switching the grammars around doesn't help.

Also did you see my suggestion regarding CommonToken? If you add a string field then "!" can be made work in the lexer without sacrificing speed for the normal cases. It just requires an overhead for the pointer.

Johannes