[antlr-interest] LINQ in a lexer/parser? (WAS: C# Target Poll)

Micheal J open.zone at virgin.net
Mon May 19 10:17:52 PDT 2008

Hi,

> I was thinking of using it in the runtime. As I neither have
> used LINQ yet nor have looked for a place where LINQ would be
> useful I can't give you an example. It was simply on my list
> with a low priority - and you wanted to see all my items. ;)
> And to close this thread: I don't know if LINQ is useful in a
> lexer or parser within the generated part but users may use
> it in actions and member sections.

Sorry, I didn't mean to put you on the spot.

I had read an article using LINQ to implement parser combinators. His
version worked but was unoptimized iirc, I was hoping you had some ideas on
LINQ's utility...

Also saw this http://www.codeplex.com/LinqOverCSharp but, haven't had time
to even look at the code.

Supporting C# 3 syntax in actions would be cool!. I suspect that adding full
support for C# v3 syntax (incl. LINQ) in action blocks would require
target-language-specific action lexers as was the case with ANTLR v2.x - a
change to the ANTLR tool itself in other words.

Micheal