[antlr-interest] Request for Strongly Signed Antlr3.Runtime.dll (3.0.1)

Gavin Lambert antlr at mirality.co.nz
Thu May 29 02:39:28 PDT 2008

At 03:57 29/05/2008, Mark Pollack wrote:
>We use Antlr quite heavily in an open source project, Spring.NET,
>and we must sign all of our assemblies.  I want to update from
>2.7 to 3.0.1 but noticed that the assembly is not strongly
>signed.  In the past
><<http://www.antlr.org/pipermail/antlr-interest/2006-January/015149.html>http://www.antlr.org/pipermail/antlr-interest/2006-January/015149.html>
>I was able to track down the source code and recompile myself but
>I can't locate the source for Antlr3.Runtime.dll now and it would
>of course be better if it was done by the Antlr team.

You don't need source to sign an assembly.  Assuming it's pure IL
at least (which should always be true for C# code) it's trivial to
re-sign an assembly:

md temp
ildasm /output=temp\AssemblyName.il AssemblyName.dll
ilasm /output=SignedAssemblyName.dll temp\AssemblyName.il
/keyfile=Key.snk /resource=temp\AssemblyName.res

ildasm is in the .NET SDK (separate download or with Visual
Studio).
ilasm is in the framework runtime folder (under
%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework).

If you want to sign it with a .pfx file instead of an .snk, then
first sign it with *any* .snk as above, then do this:

sn -i KeyFile.pfx TempSign
sn -Rca SignedAssemblyName.dll TempSign