[antlr-interest] 3.1b1 (??) 2008-04-09.18 issues

Sam Ellis sam.ellis at arm.com
Sat May 31 11:46:41 PDT 2008

On Fri Apr 11, Guntis Ozols wrote:
> I've tried 2008-04-09.18 on my grammar.
>
> 3)   [java] error(10):  internal error: .../Query.g :
> java.util.NoSuchElementException: no such attribute: ASTLabelType in template
> context [outputFile lexer lexerRule ruleDeclarations]

Hi Guntis,

I didn't see a reply to your email, but I'm seeing the same exception when
switching from antlr 3.0.1 to 3.1b1 (May 20, 2008). I tracked this down to
my lexer rules containing the '!' operator for example:

QUOTED_STRING
        :   (DQUOTE! (DSTRING_LETTER | STRING_NL)* DQUOTE!

I suspect my intent here was for the token text to not include the quotes
characters, but I already have a rule action to strip them off, so I think
my use of the '!' operator here is incorrect. Removing the '!' operator
eliminates the exception from ANTLR.

--
Sam Ellis, Engineering Manager,
Product Engineering Group,                 Tel: +44 (0) 1223 400516
Cambridge, CB1 9NJ                         mailto:sam.ellis at arm.com

--
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.