[antlr-interest] Java Grammar and how to use it to create a script language to my app

me tk82c me.tk82c at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 15:40:18 PST 2008

Hello Randal!

   I agree with you, but my problem is because this "new language" must run
on our windows mobile and java micro edition apps.

   BeanShell doesn't allow this and use a lot of APIs that are from desktop
world (reflection, for example).
   I agree with you that Java is not a good language to act as script
language. But what I'm really looking for is a way to create a small script
language that conforms to any standard (Python for example) and can be
extended easily.

   ANTLR is a good way? There is any solution out of box that i can just get
and use it to improve later without have to learn all about ANTLR?

   Get a already implemented grammar will help and save the day? If so could
you give the way to use it?

Thanks!

tk