[antlr-interest] ANTLR not reporting error for malformed program

Dejas Ninethousand dejas9000 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 08:20:41 PST 2008

I know I saw something about this on the ANTLR web site a while back, but I
can't find it now for the life of me.  I have some program text that does
not conform to my grammar.  If thought of as a long string, about the first
half of the string conforms to the cfg but then does something blatantly
wrong from a grammar standpoint.  When ANTLR processes the program it
consumes and parses the valid part of the program and then stops as if only
the first half of the program string was the entire program string.  I do
not see tokens pass by for the 2nd half of the malformed program (and as
consiquence, no error is generated).  Can someone point me to the part of
the web site that discusses this issue?

Thanks,
Matt