[antlr-interest] Problem with antlr3-maven-plugin v3.1.1

Thomas Vial tvial at octo.com
Mon Nov 10 07:48:13 PST 2008

Hi,

I have noticed that the new version of the antlr3-maven-plugin doesn't make
the build fail when the grammar file contains a syntax error (this used to
be a limitation of ANTLR 3.0.x not setting a return code). Now that the
Maven plugin relies on ANTLR 3.1.1, I would have expected this behavior to
change.

Any plans to fix this? This was, to me, the biggest limitation of the first
version of the plugin!

Here is an extract of my POM, just in case I missed something:
    <build>
        <plugins>
            <!-- ANTLR -->
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.antlr</groupId>
                <artifactId>antlr3-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>3.1.1</version>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>antlr</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

PS : and so many thanks for setting up the repository!!