[antlr-interest] Status of C++ support for ANTLR 3

Matthew E. Boyce matthew.e.boyce at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 14:34:48 PST 2008

Hello everyone... I've been using ANTLR 2 for several years now and
would like to make the switch to ANTLR 3 while at the same time
switching target languages (our old parser was java), but current
support for C++ through the C support seems to be a little clumsy.  On
the target languages wiki it says that "C++ classes will be provided
as a separate library later in 2008."  It's pretty late into 2008, so
I'm wondering if this has been abandoned or postponed.  I would much
prefer using ANTLR 3, but other members of my project would like to go
back to ANTLR 2 without this support.

~MEB