[antlr-interest] [Bug] Antlr C code memory leak in Antlr 3.1.1

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Thu Nov 13 15:21:52 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 03:31 +0000, merry_winfly at hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> I have found the problem,
>
> In the code of PLSQLpredigestParser.c:51987 , I find the new memory didn't free when meet
> (
>               if (BACKTRACKING>0)
>               {
>                   FAILEDFLAG = ANTLR3_TRUE;
>                   return retval;
>               }
> )

At face value, then I woudl say that there is a template error that
means somethign is being allocated in backtrack mode when it should not
be. I have your code, so I should be able to track it down.

Sorry for the sparadic replies, but I have ben rebuilding machines,
setting up Hudson builds of ANTLR and all sorts of things that have got
in the way of me being useful ;-) Actually, I have been useful at
swearing a lot at 64 bit Linux distributions; the idea that Linux will
any time soon replce Windows as a desktop is laughable right now ;-)

Jim