[antlr-interest] 'Expression Evaluator Tutorial' not working

Philip Mötteli Philip.Moetteli at tele2.ch
Sat Nov 29 00:38:48 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm a complete newbie to ANTLR and so I thought to start with the
simple 'Expression Evaluator Tutorial'. I downloaded the most recent
version of ANTLRworks, pasted the grammar into the editor, picked
'prog', entered '2+3*4' and pressed start. Instead of building the
parse tree, ANTLRworks just says: "The interpreter does not run
actions nor evaluate syntactic predicates. Use the debugger if you
want to use these ANTLR features." Apart from the fact, that I wonder
what the interpreter then would like to do, I can't enter anything in
the debugger. The panes don't accept input.

Can anybody explain a newbie what he should do?

Thanks
Phil