[antlr-interest] add a tree visitor?

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Tue Oct 28 17:00:21 PDT 2008

On Oct 28, 2008, at 3:20 PM, Andy Tripp wrote:
> Hehe, yea, I guess I've finally just gotten used to allocating an
> empty
> List at each declaration.

yeah, it's amazing how it just crashes. blech.

>> plus, I can't rely
>> on 1.5 yet.
>
> That's too bad. Are there really a fair number of people who aren't on
> 1.5 yet?

i guess we're getting to that point where we can jump forward...was
worried about java micro edition and other smaller runtimes.

>> I agree it would be nice if that syntax did something nice. :)
>> don't get
>> me started on how bad the generic stuff works when you want
>> List<AST> to
>> work with List<MyAST>. blech. renders it useless. sorry to be so
>> negative on a Tuesday morning. Just getting sick of all of these Java
>> "enhancements".
>
> Yea, I was very skeptical about the 1.5 enhancements, but now I'm a
> convert.
> Though of course I wretch when confronted with having to use
> generic wildcards,
> like everyone else :)

Yeah, the guy who impl'd that was a total genius; i can't understand
it.  I know him. He *is* a genius.  I have trouble keeping up with
the guy when he talks. :)

Ter