[antlr-interest] Passing arguments to rules

Hendrik Maryns qwizv9b02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Oct 31 02:41:26 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have a rule as follows:

firstOrderAtomic returns [Formula result] :
firstOrderAtomicHead[$first.result, $second.result] { $result =
$firstOrderAtomicHead.result;}
first=firstOrderVariable
second=firstOrderVariable ;

I hoped the rule firstOrderAtomicHead would receive the results from
first and second, but looking at the produced code, it doesn’t.  How
would I do this to be able to pass the two variables to the head.  I am
still working on a Lisp-like language, where this rule would e.g. match

(= x y)

and should produce new FirstOrderEquality(varX, varY), where varX and
varY are retrieved from a variable map or created if not present.

I think probably moving to an AST instead of trying to do this directly
in the parser would be a solution, but you probably can judge this
better, so that’s why I’m asking…

TIA, H.
--
Hendrik Maryns