[antlr-interest] Debugging C target with ASTs and ANTLRWorks broken?

Patrick McCormick pat at lanl.gov
Tue Sep 9 09:10:04 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to get the latest version of ANTLRWorks 1.2 to remotely
debug a C target output
(that builds an AST). It looks like this issue was discussed back at
the beginning of August
but I didn't see a resolution other than the release notes for the C
runtime notes on 3.0
to 3.1 specifically state debugging is now supported.  In summary,
here is the internal
exception that results from the -debug flag:

   java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't find template
parserCtorBody.st; group hierarchy is [C]

org
.antlr
.stringtemplate
.StringTemplateGroup.lookupTemplate(StringTemplateGroup.java:507)

org
.antlr
.stringtemplate
.StringTemplateGroup.getInstanceOf(StringTemplateGroup.java:392)

org
.antlr
.stringtemplate
.StringTemplateGroup.getInstanceOf(StringTemplateGroup.java:404)

org
.antlr
.stringtemplate
.StringTemplateGroup.lookupTemplate(StringTemplateGroup.java:484)

[...]

.StringTemplateGroup.lookupTemplate(StringTemplateGroup.java:462)

org
.antlr
.stringtemplate
.StringTemplateGroup.getInstanceOf(StringTemplateGroup.java:392)

I've tried the latest intermediate build antlr-2008-09-08.17 as well
as the 3.1 release and
both produce identical errors.  Here is the original thread on the
topic:

   http://www.antlr.org/pipermail/antlr-interest/2008-August/029669.html

Any suggestions?

Thanks,