[antlr-interest] Need some help with error "Can't find/access AST Node"

jlist jlist9 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 11:18:42 PDT 2008

I'm still hopelessly stuck and have no clue why this is happening.
I've seen a similar error in my searches, which was related
to antlr jar version mismatch but in our case, we only have
this one version of antlr jar. Is there anything else I
should be checking? Any help is appreciated.

Hi all,

We have an application that uses Antlr and it worked fine until
we upgraded from Java 1.4 to 1.6. I see this line in stdout log:

  Can't find/access AST Node type<our AST class name>

And this in the traceback:

  java.lang.ClassCastException: antlr.CommonAST cannot be cast to
  <our AST class name>

The Java code hasn't been changed recently. Has anyone seen this before?
Any help/hint is appreciated.