[antlr-interest] How does one suppress 'no viable alternative at character' warning messages

Tim Halloran hallorant at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 13:55:59 PDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Jim Idle <jimi at temporal-wave.com> wrote:

> Lexer recovery is just that it eats the character it did not want. There is
> not much else you can do. If you turn it off, then what should it do?

In the case of ANTLR, as I understand its design, I would want it to throw
the RecognitionException all the way up through the parser to my client
code.  Thus communicating that no, the input sentence provided does not
conform to my language.

I was, with a bit of a Java hack, able to get this to occur.

Regards,
Tim