[antlr-interest] Getting linker errors while building the ANTLR generated sources.

Gavin Lambert antlr at mirality.co.nz
Tue Sep 23 01:10:20 PDT 2008

At 17:48 23/09/2008, Arik Ter-Galstyan wrote:
 >it's not me trying to link the LIBCMT.lib with antlr.lib but the

 >VS2008 on it's own tries to link them together.

It links in one CRT or the other depending on your project
settings.

 >And I would like to repeat one more time that it is not me
trying
 >to link LIBCMT.lib and msvcrt.lib together. I have just created
 >Win32 Console application project and imported the ANTLR
generated
 >source code into the project assuming that it should build
 >successfully, however it failed.

Are you using a precompiled ANTLR runtime library or are you
building your own?  If you're using a precompiled library, then
most likely the project settings (or compiler) used to build that
conflict with the ones you are using for your app.

You'll need to either change your app to match or rebuild the
library with the same settings as your app.