[antlr-interest] Parse tree in the debugger

Jean Bovet antlr-list at arizona-software.ch
Tue Sep 23 21:00:05 PDT 2008

Actually the problem lies in the debugger protocol. More specifically,
we are tokenizing the string using white space which is causing the
problem. Look in RemoteDebugEventSocketListener.

For example, an exit rule event might look like that:

event = {java.lang.String at 3056}"exitRule /Users/bovet/Folder With
Space/DebuggerTreeTest.g x"

But it will be tokenized into:

elements = {java.lang.String[8]@3057}
[0] = {java.lang.String at 3058}"exitRule"
[1] = {java.lang.String at 2782}"/Users/bovet/Folder"
[2] = {java.lang.String at 2783}"With"
[3] = {java.lang.String at 3061}"Space/DebuggerTreeTest.g"
[4] = {java.lang.String at 3062}"x"

so the "With" becomes the name of the node. We will need to tweak the
protocol a little bit :-)

Jean