[antlr-interest] Problem with Java runtime

David Wigg wiggjd at bcs.org.uk
Tue Sep 30 03:40:18 PDT 2008

To whom it may concern,

I get this warning when compiling the Java runtime.

.\TestRecursion_JavaParser.java:64: warning: [unchecked] unchecked call to
push(E) as a member of the raw type java.util.Stack
        block_stack.push(new block_scope());
I attach the source code and the grammar which produced it.

The "Java" in the name refers to the runtime language in this case.

Am I doing something wrong? If not, I wonder if the warning could possibly
be removed in future?

For our information, I also have a C runtime version. This version does not
seem to work in quite the same way as the Java version in that the block
data appears to be popped before performing any @after processing (instead
of after any @after processing as in the Java runtime) so that any
appropriate block data is no longer available..

Thanks,

David.