[antlr-interest] Failure on OpenJDK on Debian

Sam Barnett-Cormack s.barnett-cormack at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Apr 1 00:38:15 PDT 2009

Ola Bini wrote:
> Gavin Lambert wrote:
>> At 02:44 1/04/2009, Ola Bini wrote:
>>> I have a grammar that works well with several different Java 5 and
>>> Java 6 environments on both Windows, Linux and MacOS X (including
>>> SoyLatte).  But I've just got a bug report that it blows up on
>>> OpenJDK build 1.6.0_0-b11, that can be installed in Debian.
>>> Has anyone else seen this? The errors look like this:
>>>
>>> generate.antlr:
>> Looks like your lexer rules are ambiguous (which probably isn't helped
>> by the fact that you're also using literals in your parser rules).
>> You should definitely consider correcting your rules so that the
>> ambiguity warnings go away; doing that should make the error go away
>> as well.
>>

> I don't have any ambiguity warnings on any other Java implementation.

I've had similar issues with ANTLR sporadically claiming that my lexer
rules are ambiguous (they aren't unless k=1), and I would hope that my
development machine isn't considered underpowered (1.6GHz Atom, 1GB RAM,
running up-to-date Ubuntu and the Sun JDK 1.6). Maybe the default
timeout should be a bit bigger?

--
Sam Barnett-Cormack