[antlr-interest] maven plugin thinks grammar is up-to-date

Pete Siemsen siemsen at ucar.edu
Wed Apr 1 23:56:53 PDT 2009

I'm using the new ANTLR3 maven plugin described at http://www.antlr.org/antlr3-maven-plugin/
.  Thanks to Jim Idle!

The new plugin has a minor "feature" that the older plugin also had.
If I edit my grammar and do "mvn package", maven doesn't detect that
the grammar has changed.  Maven says "Grammar com/kyben/translatecim/
TranslateCIM.g is up to date - build skipped".  Doing "mvn clean; mvn
package" makes maven process the grammar.  I've just gotten used to
doing "mvn clean; mvn package", but I'm finally asking why I need the
"mvn clean".

-- Pete