[antlr-interest] selective debug code generation for maven plugin

Tilman Bender tbender at stud.hs-heilbronn.de
Fri Apr 3 08:44:19 PDT 2009

Hi all,

YAMPQ: Yet another maven plugin question ;-)

In my little project I have a lexer, parser and a treewalker to
optimize my AST.
What I would like to do now is debug my TreeWalker. So I followed the
step under:
http://www.antlr.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4554901

The only proplem is, that when using the maven plugin with the debug
configuration switch,
this applies to _all_ generated sources. In this case this is a
problem, because when I try to
start my remoteAstDebugging instead of blocking in my TreeWalker it
already blocks in
the Parser, who was also compiled with the debug flag.

So I had to do all the stuff manually again, which totally annihilated
the benefits of having a maven build.

So my question/request:
Is there a way to selectively set debugging for only some grammars?

How about giving the debug configuration in the pom an includde/
exclude element
where you can specify a pattern for grammars to generate with /without
debugging.

kind regards

Tilman Bender
Student des Software Engineering