[antlr-interest] Migrating from V2 to V3

Robert van der Hulst news at heliks.nl
Thu Apr 16 05:21:24 PDT 2009

Guys,

I have 'inherited' a large project that uses Antlr V2 (CPP target).

Is there a step by step guide somewhere on how to convert the Antlr V2
grammar files to Antlr V3.
I would not mind switching from the CPP target to for example C# too.

Does anyone have experience with this ?

At this moment we are using Antlr2 lexers/parses in a managed C++
environment.

We are processing large numbers of large files with it, and some
areas can be improved (speedwise) .

And anyone tell me something about the performance of Antlr 3 (both
with a C/CPP target and/or the C# target).

--
Robert van der Hulst
news at heliks.nl
www.heliks.nl