[antlr-interest] ANTLR running out of memory while parsing huge files

Nick Vlassopoulos nvlassopoulos at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 06:16:51 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am fairly new to ANTLR and I have come accross a problem.
I have written a simple grammar to parse huge data files (several gigabytes
each)
and antlr seems to crash by running out of memory (I am using "C" as the
target language).

The data files have the general format:
HEADER
 DECL
BODY
 <several millions of lines here>
END

What seems to be the problem is that antlr tries to parse the whole data
file
at once. Is there a way to "force" parsing line by line? (at least for the
"BODY" part?)

Thank you very much in advance for your time!

Nikos