[antlr-interest] CSS Grammar failing

Brian Nelson brian at neuesoftware.com
Tue Apr 28 11:28:24 PDT 2009

Seems to have a slightly different problem, and my attempt to implement
class handling has failed in the same way.

added:

    cssId
         : HASH IDENT
         ;

then added cssId to elementName. No dice, same error. I wonder if it has
something to do with the # character itself? I am using 1.2.3 of antlrworks.

On 4/28/09 10:55 AM, Jim Idle wrote:
> Brian Nelson wrote:
>> So I have been trying to use the CSS3 grammar from the website
>> (http://www.antlr.org/grammar/1214945003224/csst3.g) and I can't seem
>> to figure out how it is failing on the following test case:
>>
>> #foo {
>>    color: black;
>> }
> I took a look at that grammar because your post reminded me that I was
> going to donate a CSS 2.1 grammar that I wrote for someone who
> canceled. The grammar you cite is too simple to follow the spec I am
> afraid. I have uploaded the 2.1 grammar to:
>
> http://antlr.org/grammar/1240941192304/css21.g
>
> Feel free to use it. I do not think that upgrading it to CSS3 would
> take much doing, but I have not had time to do it.
>
> Jim

Brian Nelson
Software Engineer, Neue Software

e. brian at neuesoftware.com