[antlr-interest] Flumoxed by Javascript Target

Hugo Leeney hugo.leeney at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 08:05:43 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I had an idea that it would be good to use some of my Antlr knowledge
to solve a problem I'm solving in javascript. Unfortunately I haven't
been able to get started yet.

I'm totally confused how I should start. This page
(http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/ANTLR3JavaScriptTarget) says
the the javascript target is integrated into the release but when I
try a simple grammar the simple Calculator example I get

error(10):  internal error: group JavaScript does not satisfy interface ANTLRCor
e: mismatched arguments on these templates [treeParser(grammar, name, scopes, to
kens, tokenNames, globalAction, rules, numRules, bitsets, labelType, ASTLabelTyp
e, superClass, members, filterMode)]

Looking at the google group I thought I should go about building the
javascript target -
http://code.google.com/p/antlr-javascript/wiki/BuildingANTLRJavaScriptTarget

That page seems to be out of date though. It says -
"Build ANTLR itself. See the note by Hamilton at this page
http://www.antlr.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=732 "

That page says to build ANTLR by calling 'ant' in the main directory
where build.xml is... ANTLR 3.1.3 uses Maven right? Theres no
build.xml  (outside of some of the target source directories).

Can anyone give me friendly shove in the right direction?

Thanks for reading,

Hugo