[antlr-interest] what's in a name?

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Thu Aug 27 13:37:36 PDT 2009

> I love the "design pattern" element, as it is following the same
> feeling
> as design patterns - and you'd hardly be the first to port the idea to
> another domain.

yep :)

> I guess the problem is that "language design patterns" sounds like
> you're designing languages.

yeah, it's ambiguous. we could add a hyphen but... ugly

> How about "Design Patterns for Language
> Implementation", or are we *not* excluding langauge design, just
> wanting
> to make sure it's clear that implementation is there as well?

Yeah, we sort of went that direction but something short. I really do
like the three word title. We are then doing the implementation stuff
in the subtitle at the moment. I guess that would be clear if the
subtitle has the implementation word.