[antlr-interest] Multiple Lexers/Parsers

salmir salmir19 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 31 09:12:51 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm writing a grammar which needs more than one lexer (token scope). I
just found a document from ANTLR 2 documents which explains using
"selector" for this purpose.
     Is this approach still valid for ANTLR 3? and should I make different files for different lexers?
     When there are more than one parser, what happens to the AST? how can I use rewrite rules?
 For example, in the following example, how can I add this rewrite rule    -> ^('javadoc'  content)
javadoc
    :   JAVADOC_OPEN
        {
        // create a parser to handle the javadoc comment
        JavaDocParser jdocparser =
          new JavaDocParser(getInputState());
        jdocparser.content(); // go parse the comment
        }
        JAVADOC_CLOSE  ;

  Regards
- Salmir