[antlr-interest] Is it possible to pass input without using a ANTLR stream? - UPDATED

Asha Ramegowda asha.ramegowda at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 21:42:03 PST 2009

Hi,

I am aware that antlr input stream/reader is the important part of the
parsing, lexing and recognition in antlr as getting character stream is
important to do all these things.

But, we have a parser that works in JEE environment. And unlike DSL we have
very small requirement where we have to convert a string to some different
format. I am not sure whether I can use this normal ANTLR stream as this
requires a end of file input. So far I see that is a integer literal with
value -1. And the other approach is to use a ANTLR file stream. But using
this we can not make our API as a JAR as that will contain this input file
which needs to be written each time we have a new input. As the input
dynamically comes from another source please let me know, whether I can
append this -1 and pass it to the parser?!!!

--
Thank you,

Asha R

--