[antlr-interest] Problem Installing ANTLR on Ganymede Eclipse 3.4.2 on OS X 10.4.11

Edgar Espina espina.edgar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 15:55:47 PST 2009

Hi,

  ANTLR IDE runs on Eclipse 3.3/3.4/3.5. I tested the plugin with all those
distribution without any trouble.
  Now, that kind of problem is caused by p2 (the new update manager for 3.4
or higher). The p2 version released with Eclipse 3.5 is a lot clever a works
like a charm. I can't tell you what exactly could be the problem, although
you can try the following:
  1- start eclipse with -clean command and try to install ANTLR IDE again.
  2- if the previous option doesn't works try this:
    2.1 download the zip distribution from sourceforge.
    2.2 locate the "eclipse/dropins" folder
    2.3 create a folder called "antlride"
    2.4 unzip the plugin there
    2.5 start eclipse with the -clean command
    2.6 some information on what we did here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Getting_Started#Dropins

If any of the this options works, just try with a clean eclipse distribution
:(.

if you need more help, you can open a discussion at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/antlrv3ide/ and we can track it from there.

Thanks,

edgar

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 5:25 PM, mgwmgw <mgwmgw at comcast.net> wrote:

> I use the Ganymede (3.4.2) version of Eclipse on OS X 10.4.11.
> I am trying to install ANTLR plugin. Per the wonderful video tutorial,
> I installed GEF and Zest and Dynamic Language support and restarted.
> Then I tried to install the ANTLR plugin
> and I got the message
> The software items you selected may not be valid with your current
> installation.
> Do you want to open the wizard anyway to review the selections?
> I clicked on Yes and got the error
> Cannot complete the request.  See the details.
> Cannot find a solution satisfying the following requirements org.eclipse.ui
> [3.4.2.M20090204-0800].
> I am installing from  http://antlrv3ide.sourceforge.net/updates
> http://antlrv3ide.sourceforge.net/updates
>
> I cannot install a newer 3.5 version of Eclipse because it requires a newer
> OS X.
> Is there a way to use the ANTLR plugin in this environment?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --

edgar