[antlr-interest] Error in generated C code (struct referenced without being initialized)

Andy Grove andy.grove at codefutures.com
Mon Feb 2 19:49:23 PST 2009

Hi,

In my generated parse, a variable "a1" is declared thus:

    DbsMySQL_CPPParser_alias1_return a1;

Under certain conditions the variable gets initialized by calling a method:

a1=alias(ctx);

However, when parsing my input, the variable is not getting initialized but
it *is* getting referenced in the following expression, causing a seg fault:

(a1.start != NULL ? STRSTREAM->toStringTT(STRSTREAM, a1.start, a1.stop) :
NULL )

Because a1 is never initialized, a1.start refers to non null value. If I add
a1.start = NULL after a1 is declared then the seg fault is fixed.

Is this a known issue? Do I need to specify special options when generating
the code to make sure structs get initialized?

Thanks,

Andy.