[antlr-interest] Lexer/parser grammer for Antlrv2

Chal Chale apne Ghar gunjgupta at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 19:19:29 PST 2009

HI Sam,
Thanks for your Reply.

I have one antlr grammer file(not created by me) which i came to know from
this forum that follows 2.7.7. syntax.
when i am trying to generate java implementation of this existing grammer
file, it is failing saying this:
>         D:\Actuate\Samplelexer-parser\ConversionTool>java antlr.Tool
>         vb_org.txt
>         ANTLR Parser Generator   Version 2.7.5 (20050128)   1989-2005
>         jGuru.com
>         error: Token stream error reading grammar(s):
>         vb_org.txt:45:7: expecting ''', found 'p'
>         TokenStreamException: expecting ''', found 'p'

SO what i understood it , there is some problem with this Gramme file.. if i
am not wrong..
NOw how can i solve this issue?
As i am new to Antlr , i wanted to know like Antlrworks which works for
antr3 , is there any editor or some thing which i can use to create this
grammer file again or validate it for syntax error?

I hope now it woudl be clear what i am looking for..

ANy Help would be appreciated.
regards,
Gunjan