[antlr-interest] Q: opinions on ikvm + antlr3 ?

Johannes Luber JALuber at gmx.de
Fri Feb 6 04:25:19 PST 2009

> I'm behind on my obligations right now (i.e. the StringTemplate request
> from earlier this week), but I'll let you know where I'm at and how I'm
> planning to solve things.
>
> Here at our office we use Perforce internally, but we're not in a
> position to expose the ANTLR ports directly. I'm planning on either
> setting up a SVN server or requesting a branch in the P4 repo at
> antlr.org to mirror my work on the C# ports so people have access to
> both the code and binaries.

It would be more consistent to use the same repo as Ter, although I'm not sure if a true branch is necessary. Wouldn't at least the CSharp3 target work in parallel with the existing ones?

> I use ANTLR extensively in some commercial
> C# products, so keeping up to date isn't really the problem. Actually,
> there are a significant number of changes in the C# port that haven't
> made it back to the Java version yet, such as the use of v3 grammars.
>
> I've been hesitant to just package up the current source because I'll be
> making a number of breaking changes as I continue working. Two examples
> are the continued move from get/set functions to properties, and making
> function names start with a capital letter. I'll try and get a new set
> of binaries and an updated version of nFringe's ANTLR language module
> posted next week. I've made a few tweaks to the Visual Studio support
> since the last post.

Just mark it as being "Alpha" stage and people know the risk. At the very least one can look at the source code to quench the own curiosity.

Johannes