[antlr-interest] Antlr won't backtrack?

Johannes Luber JALuber at gmx.de
Mon Feb 9 04:01:04 PST 2009

> Hi Johannes,
>
> Thanks for pointing that one out.
> I was unaware that there is another target for c#.
> What are the differences between the two?
> I couldn't find too much about it on the website..
>
> Thanks,
> Vitaliy

Basically the website describes all the differences for now. I never got around to create a real .NET 2 runtime as I planned and with the upcoming CSharp3 target I won't make this effort anymore. If your grammar works with the CSharp option, then I doubt that changing to CSharp2 breaks it.

This will be different for CSharp3 as it is created with .NETism in mind (turning setter/getters into propertes, proper casing, etc). I plan to alleviate this with adding the additional properties/method, while deprecating the old ones, so unchanged grammars will still work and users know to take the appropriate action.

Johannes