[antlr-interest] Debug port problem in Visual Studio test project

Dennis Brothers brothers at bros.com
Tue Feb 10 13:50:09 PST 2009

I'm developing a parser to be integrated into a large system (C#
target).  When I run it in a VS unit-test project in debug mode,
ANTLRWorks connects to it, and shows the beginning of the parse when I
hit Step Forward.  When I hit Step Forward again, the project throws
an exception "Unable to write data to the transport connection: An
established connection was aborted by the software in your host
machine".  I'm using a port (81) that is unused by anything on the
machine.  If I switch to port 49000 (also unused), I get the same
behavior.

A simpler, console-app test harness worked fine in the debugger, but
the full-up parser requires the context of the large project.

I've done a lot of Googling, looking for anything about port behavior
in a VS test/debug environment, and come up empty.  Has anyone seen
anything like this?  I'd really like to see the ASTs my parser is
generating.

     - Dennis Brothers