[antlr-interest] maven plugin always regenerates sources

Michael Bedward michael.bedward at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 03:06:00 PST 2009

Hi folks,

I'm using the org.antlr maven plugin.  It does a great job - it just
seems to want to do it all the time :-)  In other words, it _always_
wants to re-generate the sources, even when the existing files are
more recent that the grammar files.

I'm using maven from within Netbeans.  I've fiddled with the plugin
section in the pom a bit but I must be missing something.  My present
setup is below.

If someone could enlighten me I'd be very grateful.

            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.antlr</groupId>
                <artifactId>antlr3-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>3.1.1.2</version>
                <configuration>

<libDirectory>target/generated-sources/antlr/jaitools/jiffle/parser</libDirectory>
                </configuration>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <phase>generate-sources</phase>